Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day two!! not actually day 2 but day 2 on my venture


I tried soap again for I think the 5th or 6th time and this time is even closer!! I figured out what was wrong with all my other batches!! I didn't add enough lye and the way I figured that out is because I added too much Lye this time and my soap set up before it even got to volcano stage!! so I added more water and oils and melted it again but I think I stirred too fast because now my soap is like chocolate muse! it will be floater soap:( but it's soap and at least it's not a gob of gue!! so I'm happy, I'm getting closer to getting it right and I learn more about how it all works with each batch! Another cool thing is that I had emailed a lady who has the most awesome soap making website! Her whole website is helping people make their own soap. She has every bit of information on there to help you! I emailed her and asked her some advice and she emailed me back!!!! What a cool lady!! She attached a bunch of links to help me with my soap. Any who, hopefully my next batch will be even closer........I hope:)

1 comment:

Michael and Rachel said...

How fun! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :) You go girl.